My beloved 1994 E500. Where do I start? I have always adored German cars. One of my first cars was a 1986 Volkswagen GTI. First year of four way disc brakes! I learned out to drive a manual transmission on that car. They were like legos. I had other friends who enjoyed Volkswagens. Good times.
10/2/2006 the TV show Fifth Gear ran a segment where they took an old Mercedes-Benz 250D and put waste vegetable oil in the tank. It drove just fine. I found the bit on YouTube if you want to laugh. I was turned on by the prospect of driving on veggie oil and began to do some research. I found the Mercedes-Benz 1987 300TD to be the last year Mercedes-Benz station wagon brought to the United States that had a diesel powertrain. I bought one and fell in love. This W124 body style was visually appealing to me and to this day I have never owned another car that has been more consistent than that 300TD. This isn’t a post about that car though.
I acquired this fine 1994 E500 around May 2010 with 108,000 miles. It previously lived in Hawaii, Connecticut and in Illinois before I had it shipped to New Jersey. For six years now I have taken lovely care of this amazing vehicle. Only driven in the summer. Lovingly stored in a garage for winter. I joke with people and say, “I have no kids, this is my baby”. Take a look at the Carfax from 2010 when I bought it, a much more recent AutoCheck, and even more photographs on this Dropbox album.
The E500 has Pearl Black exterior paint with black leather interior. From what I can tell, and others who have looked at the car, the external paint is all original. There is a spot of paint missing on the rear bumper and a few other areas with rust spots. As you can see from the photos of the front of the car there is typical weathering due to the higher mileage.
The wheels are Carlsson 2/6 brilliant editions bought new in box July 16, 2011. They are a staggered setup 18x8 in the front and 18x9 in the back. The tires are Nexen N7000. 245/40/R18 in the front and 275/35/R18 in the rear with excellent tread life.
I have loved this car since 2010 and I want to see it passed on to someone else who also adores it. I admire the story, craftsmanship and love that went into every one of these cars. I have a file box full of receipts from the previous owners that includes all of the records and all of mine are digital. I have put over $15,000 into the car over the six years I have owned it.
- Small spots of surface rust (documented w/ photos)
- Typical rock chips on front end (original paint)
- Silver dollar sized paint chip on rear bumper
- Cigarette box from rear bench broke off (I still have it)
- Some plastic and vinyl is showing its age
- NIB Mercedes-Benz Euro headlight glass
- OEM Mercedes-Benz car cover
- RENNTech first gear start valve body
- RENNTech carbon airbox
- RENNTech chip
- Traction control delete
- Carlsson 2/6 18″ staggered wheels
- Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit
- Rebuilt transmission with 2 year, 30,000 warranty (162,200 miles)
- All new exhaust hangers
- New radiator installed
- Sway bar bushings replaced
- NJ Inspection sticker no longer required
- The car no longer requires NJ State inspection
- New radiator installed
- New idler arm
- New front suspension
- Both sides struts, bellows, and idler arm bushing
- New rear control arm bushing
- New rear brake calipers
- New rear brake pads
- Brake fluid flush
- New tie rod
- Wheel alignment
- (2) New 275/35/18 Nexen N7000 tires
- (2) New 245/40/18 Nexen N7000 tires
- Mount and balance
- New battery
- New rear self-leveling shock
- New accumulators
- Hydropneumatic suspension fluid flush
- New front upper strut mount
- Mercedes-Benz headliner installed
- Transmission mount replaced
- Engine wiring harness replaced
Enjoy This Legendary Vehicle Today
Reach out to me using the contact form below for any questions, comments or are interested in purchasing this amazing Mercedes-Benz.